Some blame mental illness. Others blame the guns. Some blame white supremacy. Others blame toxic masculinity right out of the White House. Yet, no one in power, anywhere, seems to blame the people with the guns. Is it possible that so many mentally ill people have access to guns? Why? Or, is it possible that the mentally-ill-person-with-a-gun excuse is just a scapegoat justification? Is it possible that white supremacy is on the rise? Why? Or, is it possible that it's been covertly rising, slowly and steadily, and no one seemed to notice? Still, some blame the Internet. Is it toxic? Or innovative?
Either way, something has to be done. There are no sheriffs on horses shooting blanks. Innocent people are getting assassinated with automatic weapons. This is not the movies. This is America.
1. INCLUDE: First initial AND last name AND class period.
2. Respond in no more than 10 sentences and no less than five.
3. You MUST respond to at least TWO other posts from any student. Your replies cannot be identical comments on different posts and posting shallow comments such as "I agree" or "I disagree" will earn you a zero. Make sure your reply addresses the comment that you are responding to.
Be sure to--
- Be clear about your position
- Provide specific support for your argument
- Use rhetorical devices and other grammar elements
- Write EPIC Content-Engaging, Powerful, Informative, Creative
CAUTION!! Do NOT embarrass me, yourself, your class, the English department, the school, your family or your upbringing with tasteless, meaningless comments. This is for a grade.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not respond AND comment on TWO others, you will not receive credit for this assignment. It's all or nothing.
Due Friday, August 23, 2019 11:59 p.m. CST
If you would like to submit a topic for discussion, submit it here.