Then I wonder, what's my battle? Why am I battling? As I sit in a classroom full of students who just read words and do not try to understand what they're reading; as I talk myself hoarse, yearning on the inside for my children to understand their position in this world, and as I struggle to eat right, think right, look right and be right, I had to stop. Just stop. Then ask myself, Why am I struggling to get others to understand things that I sometimes don't understand myself? Like why try to educate a generation who does not want to be educated? Why not let them figure it out when it's too late? Why worry about the life path of my children when they are grown. Let them go their own way; get their own bumps and bruises. They'll either make it or they won't. Why work hard to leave or uphold a legacy when, usually, after your repast, you're forgotten?
I don't have the answers. I don't think any human being does. But I know until we reach our final destinations, whatever choices and decisions we make, the only way to have some peace of mind, is to know that you're living and making those choices and decisions with intention. There is not one purpose in life. The only purpose is to live life on purpose with passion, intention and with a goal of fulfillment. Otherwise, if you don't you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure it all out.
1. INCLUDE: First initial AND last name AND class period.
2. Respond in no more than 10 sentences and no less than five.
3. You MUST respond to at least TWO other posts from any student. Your replies cannot be identical comments on different posts and posting shallow comments such as "I agree" or "I disagree" will earn you a zero. Make sure your reply addresses the comment that you are responding to.
Be sure to--
- Be clear about your position
- Provide specific support for your argument
- Use rhetorical devices and other grammar elements
- Write EPIC Content-Engaging, Powerful, Informative, Creative
CAUTION!! Do NOT embarrass me, yourself, your class, the English department, the school, your family or your upbringing with tasteless, meaningless comments. This is for a grade.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not respond AND comment on TWO others, you will not receive credit for this assignment. It's all or nothing.
Due Friday, September 13, 2019 11:59 p.m. CST
If you would like to submit a topic for discussion, submit it here.