There is something terribly wrong in a world where people feel like they have the absolute right to get angry and have a grown up fit and then kill people because they were either not taught a basic kindergarten-level rule: you win some, you lose some.
That's exactly what appears to be the case for shooting suspect David Katz. On Sunday, August 26, 2018, Katz attended a Madden Football video game tournament in Jacksonville, Florida, apparently lost the tournament, then using a handgun, allegedly killed two people and injured nine others.
No one knows why he did it. It doesn't matter why he did it. Knowing why may help to wrap your mind around things, but ultimately, "why" is just a bandage. It doesn't heal the hurt. Thinking about the whys, solutions and what-ifs only adds to the coffin of carnage and makes for a massive headache trying to figure out how to move forward or what to do about guns and people with guns to prevent the next mass shooting.
As Katz's smoking gun cools from his mass murders committed with a gun, what will we do and who will we blame? The guns? The people with guns? The government? Each other?
Read the commentary above, then comment on the following: "To what extent do gun control laws violate The Second Amendment Rights of some in order to protect the country from those who snub their noses at the law?"
1. INCLUDE: First initial AND last name AND class period.
2. Respond in no more than seven (7) sentences and no less than five (5).
3. You MUST respond to at least TWO other posts from any student. Your replies cannot be identical comments on different posts and posting shallow comments such as "I agree" or "I disagree" will earn you a zero. Make sure your reply addresses the comment that you are responding to.
Be sure to--
- Be clear about your position
- Provide specific support for your argument
- Use rhetorical devices and other grammar elements
- Write EPIC Content-Engaging, Powerful, Informative, Creative
CAUTION!! Do NOT embarrass me, yourself, your class, the English department, the school or your parents with tasteless, meaningless comments. This is for a grade.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not respond AND comment on TWO others, you will not receive credit for this assignment. It's all or nothing.
Due: Fri., August 31, 2018 11:59 p.m. CST