At the time of this writing, Charlie is classified as a sophomore at Sam Houston State University. She has maintained all A’s and B’s since enrollment, and accomplished her goal of being on the Dean’s list! She was excelling!
Then, life happened and it all changed.
Late in October, what doctors thought was a viral infection, and later, muscle pain and a UTI, turned out to be a rare illness that has caused Charlie to need around the clock care.
Just barely in her 20s, a once vibrant young girl who was living life, carving out her future and enjoying college was now back at home, wheelchair bound, unable to see or even bathe herself. She spent her birthday in December wondering, "why me?" To date, doctors still do not know what is wrong with Charlie.
But as it is her way, giving up is not an option for Charlie. Although she is able to walk again (sans walker), she still cannot see. Nevertheless, through it all, her mother has not left her daughter’s side. Like her daughter's, her mother's life was drastically changed. At one point, she had to feed and bathe her daughter all over again.
Although her job is protected by FMLA, her medical leave is without pay. While we do not know why nor how Charlie was struck with this mysterious illness, we do know that we can be there to support her mother with financial and food donations.
If you are willing and can, do something to help Charlie! Click her to visit her GoFundMe page and help give her family peace and light. 'Ase!
Click here>> Let's Help Charlie!
1. INCLUDE: First initial AND last name AND class period.
2. Respond in no more than 10 sentences and no less than five.
3. You MUST respond to at least TWO other posts from any student. Your replies cannot be identical comments on different posts and posting shallow comments such as "I agree" or "I disagree" will earn you a zero. Make sure your reply addresses the comment that you are responding to.
Be sure to--
- Be clear about your position
- Provide specific support for your argument
- Use rhetorical devices and other grammar elements
- Write EPIC Content-Engaging, Powerful, Informative, Creative
CAUTION!! Do NOT embarrass me, yourself, your class, the English department, the school or your parents with tasteless, meaningless comments. This is for a grade.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not respond AND comment on TWO others, you will not receive credit for this assignment. It's all or nothing.
Due: Fri., Feb. 1, 2019 11:59 p.m. CST