This one, however, is the most bizarre. This one has more questions than answers, puzzle pieces than clarity.
On September 6, on the edge of downtown Dallas, at an apartment complex, a white, female officer entered a young man's apartment and killed him in his own home. He was not a criminal. He was not resisting arrest, selling cigarettes, holding a toy gun, driving while not signaling or reaching for his identification as instructed. He was simply living. That's all anyone knows at this point.
Although the Texas Rangers are investigating, there are still many unanswered questions. But one thing is clear, black people are sick and tired of mourning and burying black boys, especially because of white police officers. I hope the "legal system" gets it right this time.
Although I have noted it many times before, I am compelled to repeat it again: There is something sinister about a certain group of people feeling like they have the absolute right to walk inside a church, a movie theater, a concert..or right inside a home..and kill black people. And like Jean Botham wanted to know, "Why did you do that?" Because all heaven knows black people don't know why.
Read the commentary above, then comment on the following: "What impact does power or the lack of power have on certain groups?"
1. INCLUDE: First initial AND last name AND class period.
2. Respond in no more than 10 sentences and no less than five.
3. You MUST respond to at least TWO other posts from any student. Your replies cannot be identical comments on different posts and posting shallow comments such as "I agree" or "I disagree" will earn you a zero. Make sure your reply addresses the comment that you are responding to.
Be sure to--
- Be clear about your position
- Provide specific support for your argument
- Use rhetorical devices and other grammar elements
- Write EPIC Content-Engaging, Powerful, Informative, Creative
CAUTION!! Do NOT embarrass me, yourself, your class, the English department, the school or your parents with tasteless, meaningless comments. This is for a grade.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not respond AND comment on TWO others, you will not receive credit for this assignment. It's all or nothing.
Due: Fri., Sept. 14, 2018 11:59 p.m. CST