“I fell in love. But I don't just stay with by default as if there's no one else available to me. I stay because I choose to, every day that I wake up, every day that we fight or lie to each other or disappoint each other. I choose. Over and over again, and he/she chooses me.”
- For hitting his wife, Janay Rice, unconscious in an elevator, NFL star, Ray Rice, of the Baltimore Ravens was cut from the team, suspended indefinitely from the NFL and lost several endorsement deals. The NFL are offering to trade-in Rice jerseys for other team jerseys and his alma mater, Rutgers is cutting Rice from their promotional video.
- San Francisco 49ers radio broadcaster, Ted Robinson, has been suspended two games by the team for commenting that Ray Rice's wife, Janay Rice, should take some responsibility for her abuse because she married him after he abused her.
- Talk show host, Whoopi Goldberg, noted that a woman should not be surprised if she hits a man and he hits her back, after it was learned that Janay Rice hit him first.
- Even Janay Rice herself defended her husband and begged the NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, not to suspend her husband because the incident is a private matter.
- Celebrities Chris Brown and Floyd Mayweather noted that neither of them condones domestic abuse, but everyone makes mistakes and should be given second chances.
Respond in no more than five sentences and no less than three. You must also reply to a classmate's post. You cannot post identical comments on different classmates' posts. You will not get credit for shallow comments such as "I agree" or "I disagree." Make sure your posts address the reply that you are responding to.
Be sure to--
- Be clear about your position
- Provide specific support for your argument
- Use rhetorical devices and other grammar elements
- Write EPIC Content (Engaging, Powerful, Informative, Creative)
CAUTION!! Do NOT embarrass me, yourself, your class, the English department, the school or your parents with tasteless, meaningless comments. This is for a grade.
Due: September 12, 2014 11:59 p.m. CST