One thing I am so proud of is knowing that I had a say in boosting so many women into high political arenas. I don't know what that could mean for the United States, but usually, when women take over, things get done!
Tuesday night was epic for women and minorities in politics. To highlight some women firsts: Houston, Texas, elected nineteen black, female judges; the youngest woman ever was elected to Congress (and she is Puerto Rican); Boston elected the first woman and the first African American District Attorney; Massachusetts elected the first Black woman ever to Congress; Connecticut elected its first black woman ever to Congress; the first Somali-American ever was elected to Congress; the first two Muslim women ever were elected to Congress; and two Native American women were elected to Congress, and one is openly gay!
Other minorities who won big on election night include gay men and an Iranian-American man!
Until yesterday, not since 2008, have I been more proud to be an American voter. In my fantasies, Democrats and Republicans will work together to make life better for all Americans and immigrants, and finally be embraced as the inclusive country that we are intended to be.
Read the commentary above, then comment on the following: "What impact do you think the election of so many women and minorities in such high political positions will have on the United States and why?"
1. INCLUDE: First initial AND last name AND class period.
2. Respond in no more than 10 sentences and no less than five.
3. You MUST respond to at least TWO other posts from any student. Your replies cannot be identical comments on different posts and posting shallow comments such as "I agree" or "I disagree" will earn you a zero. Make sure your reply addresses the comment that you are responding to.
Be sure to--
- Be clear about your position
- Provide specific support for your argument
- Use rhetorical devices and other grammar elements
- Write EPIC Content-Engaging, Powerful, Informative, Creative
CAUTION!! Do NOT embarrass me, yourself, your class, the English department, the school or your parents with tasteless, meaningless comments. This is for a grade.
DISCLAIMER: If you do not respond AND comment on TWO others, you will not receive credit for this assignment. It's all or nothing.
Due: Fri., Nov. 9, 2018 11:59 p.m. CST