"If students are not learning the way you teach, you have to adjust and teach the way they learn."
Advanced Academics Teacher Boot Camp Sessions
Become a more effective Advanced Academics teacher! Choose any session or let us help you design your own!
Our mission is to help high school Advanced Academics English teachers improve literacy in their classrooms with tools and resources that they can scaffold into their regular teaching practices.
- Critical Thinking with R.A.W. Skills. Learn how to use image analysis, color marking, and reading, annotating and writing to boost critical thinking skills.
- Socratic ConverSTATIONS. Find out how to use this critical thinking activity to facilitate more meaningful conversations. Help your students investigate, understand and connect ideas, issues, and perspectives reflected in a text, visual, song or current event.
- Successful Novel Studies. From planning and implementation to monitoring and grading, this session is for you if you want to design an effective novel study for your students.
The Write Academy
These are four, one-hour long rotating workshops. From them, teachers will learn strategies to effectively prepare their students with skills and stamina to write for high-stakes exams, college, employment, self-employment or personal fulfillment.
- Pre-writing GPS. This training session focuses on getting students to plan their writing with a quick, easy-to-navigate, pre-writing plan.
- The Writer’s Block. This training session focuses on improving students’ ability to reach the depth of analysis in their writing.
- Writing Wednesdays. This training session shows teachers how to run an after school creative writing program effectively that can boost writing skills across subjects and teach students about collaborative writing since they will be working toward publishing an anthology with students from around the world.
- Mixed Ink. This is another collaborative initiative for students in Advanced Academics classrooms. We will guide teachers on having their students blog with other students around the world! We will show teachers how participating in this initiative will improve writing and critical thinking skills since it calls for students to investigate the human condition from various perspectives in order to discover how those diversities can shape their worldviews.
Our vision is to become recognized globally for closing the achievement gap between Advanced Academics students in vulnerable populations and their counterparts by providing real-world examples of how to obtain success in school.
- Grades Ain't Nothing But a Number. Develop strategies that will help you reshape how you and your students think about growth and grades. Get social and emotional support ideas and advice for high-achieving Advanced Academics students and teachers.
- Mindful Meditation. Learn how to reduce stress, minimize anxiety, improve performance, boost your immune system and more with effective techniques that helps you manage your classroom, students and personal well-being.
Advanced Academics Study Sessions
- Let our highly specialized team of Student Achievement Coordinators come to you to develop sessions specialized to your students when you need that last minute push before exam time!
Advanced Academics Summer Boot Camp for Students
Sophomore students will learn how to become successful Advanced Academics students!
- Encourage your students to attend our summer boot camp intensive to find out if Advanced Academics is for them!
- Over a four-day period, students participate in rigorous activities that give a hands-on approach to the Advanced Academics classroom!
- Topics cover critical thinking, reading, annotating, writing, time, organizational and stress management, collaborating with peers and more!