"If students are not learning the way you teach, you have to adjust and teach the way they learn."
Internal & External Assessments in the IB DP
For IB Language A: Literature, the following exams are assesses externally, which means they are graded by IB examiners, not campus teachers.
- Paper 1: For two hours, students are monitored as they write literary commentary and analysis of one unseen text or prose or poetry. (20%)
- Paper 2: For two hours, monitored, students write an essay on at least two works studied in Part 3. (25%)
- World Literature Paper & Reflection: Students write an essay and reflection during Year 1 on works studied in Part 1. (25%)
For IB Language A: Literature, the following exams are assessed internally, which means they are graded and submitted to IB by campus teachers.
- Individual Oral Commentary: Students are recorded giving 20 minutes of verbal commentary, 10 minutes each, over works studied in Part 2. (15%)
- Individual Oral Presentations. Students are recorded giving a 10-minute presentation in a variety of formats (e.g., collage, image, film, spoken word, original song, painting or drawing, skit/one-act play, etc.) over works studied in Part 4. (15%)
**Read further information on understanding DP assessment.
"I think. Therefore, I am. I am dangerous. I am challenged. I investigate. I think. I re-think. IB!